Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Monkey curtains

Mood: fine
Weather: still cold

Yesterday I had the house all to myself all night so after work I voyaged down to the super SR Harris fabric store. It is a massive place absolutely full of 50% off fabric. I get overloaded if I don't go with something specific in mind to buy. I got slightly lost getting there but only ended up on a 10min detour and funny enough the turn I thought was wrong was actually right and the 'getting lost' part happened when I turned around and backtracked thinking the road I wanted was a few more exits south. Good think I can read a map in traffic and I found my way back. Anyway, I wandered around the store looking for inspiration, the room is an icy blue so no white, and since I share the room with a boy, no flowers, pink, or ruffles. I found a pretty cool printed upholstery fabric that has a monkeys and birds and trees all printed in a navy blue on a sand colored background. I found a few other more tame options but I think this will be fun and if we don't like them, the fabric wasn't expensive. I also got 2 awesome feather pillows for $15 each, very good deal.

I ordered Pizza and watched TiVo for the rest of the evening. I maxed out on girl shows, I saw 2 episodes of Sex in the City and 3 Gilmore Girls. I really like Gilmore girls and they are rerunning all the old ones on TBS so I ge 1 a day and 4 on Saturdays so that is alot to keep up with. The acting has improved alot since the first season and the characters have too - Luke was oddly chipper and wired in the first season. I have not seen Sex in the City before TiVo but the few I've watched now make me happy that I don't' have their lives. They all seem pretty sad but there is good writing and decent stories so I'll watch it if Tivo decides to tape it but I'm not signing up for a season pass.

Today I am testing out a pair of heels I want to wear to the wedding I'm in over Easter. So far so good but they are starting to hurt the side of my foot. Today I also seem to have errands all over the office so I am walking more then normal. I thought about going to IKEA tonight but I don't think the feet can take it...

No comments: