Monday, August 29, 2005

I built shelves

Mood: Mondayish
Weather: sunny

Technically, the building part has been done since the end of July but I had to cut the adjustable shelves and all the face trim. I cut and nailed all day Sat and by 9pm I had done as much as I could do and I needed more wood. Sunday morning I got the last pieces of wood and bought stain - finished the cutting and nailing and did 90% of the stain. I got a really bad splinter staining so I didn't finish the last 4 floating shelves but the vast majority is stained. Today or tomorrow I'll start the arduous task of polyurethane the whole thing and maybe this weekend they can be put up! Sometime in the future they will get inset lighting and crown molding but that needs to wait until after they are up.

I have also started carefully re-reading the Order of the Phoenix, even a second time it is a great book and easy to loose a couple of hours reading.

This coming week I don't have any out of the ordinary plans but later in Sept I have a 2 day conference for work and at the end of the month I'll be in NY for a family party.

No comments: