Wednesday, December 07, 2005

200th Post

Mood: sleepy
Weather: cold
Gas: $?

To follow up - none of the bedding nor the bed smell like pee anymore. Lars got a great spray by oxyclean that ate up the pee using enzymes. The blanket is getting dry, the feathers are still clumpy but we have hope for a full recovery. The current theory is that there was some sort of animal smell that the cat was trying to cover up. So she was trying to do us a favor... She is a good cat but I think she will stay banned from the room for a long time.

Later Monday I had another tragic incident. 2 miles from work I stopped to get gas and the gas pump took 15 min to pump 10 gallons. That was bad but the worst part was that when it finally finished the car would not start. All I got was a click-click-click sound. I called Lars and he said it was probably the battery and he would come jump the car. The worst part really was waiting, it was only 1 degree and I sat for 25min waiting - I was an icecube by the time he got there and by the time I got home I was completely wiped out. Lars and our neighbor replaced the battery yesterday and it was a saga to itself including Lars pulling something off the car that should not have been pulled off. He has a theory that when something isn't working to push, pull, or twist harder - this theory has obvious problems but he always gets jars open. Anyway, the car is fixed and Lars has been declared handy for the week.

Tomorrow - Friday I'm going on my first mostly alone business trip. I'm going to Milwaukee and I will see 4 suppliers in 1.5 days. I'm meeting a coworker for one of the suppliers but the others I will be on my own. There is an SCA even in the area on Sat so Lars is going to meet me there Friday night so get work done plus a 'free' trip I would have needed to go on anyway. The event is one of the bigger winter ones and the Prince of the Middle and the Prince of Calontir are both going to be there so it will be fun for Lars to fight and plan for Pennsic. My favorite part about winning the crown we did is we get to be King and Queen at Pennsic.

Last - on the 9th I will have had this blog for 1 year and this is my 200th post. This time last year I wasn't working at my new great job yet, we were closing on a house in 2 weeks, I had only been married for 1 month and we only had 2 cats. Alot more changed too - I cut my hair super short, Lars won crown, my sister got pregnant and has almost had the baby (due any day now), all the internet people I started reading that were pregnant have had their babies and so has my neighbor. I have made a bunch of new friends at work, Josh has dated a girl for an entire year, a whole lot of my friends got married.... busy busy year. Some things that have not happened; did not manage to buy a couch, never got around to a honeymoon, and we still have 2 mostly empty rooms in the house. I'm not sure what I'm going to do in the next 12 months but I'm sure I'll blog about to some degree.

No comments: