Thursday, January 05, 2006

Massive Major Update

Mood:tired
Weather: gray
Gas: $?

For the family members who read this is all old news...

I am finally back and online with a tiny bit of time to update. Technically I have over 100 e-mails from work to work on but I've at least read them all so I'm taking a break. Lars and I left for Christmas way back on Dec 23 2005 - the flight was fun, I got mad at the stupid people who can not be bothered to look at their massive carry-on bag and compare it to the numerous visual aids including a handy box (if it does not fit in this - check it!) at the check in area, posters all over the place, and stickers with pictures of how your bag should fit on each and every overhead compartment. Our FULL flight was full of morons who selfishly took up too much space and so my normal sized carry on got bumped. I addressed the general area I was sitting in and asked who's bag was too big (nobody raised their hand) but when we saw the girl who picked up the carry on taking up the extra space she looked fairly guilty. She also was fat and ugly so spatial relations and following direction were the least of her worries. That was the ride there... believe it or not since then we have had 3 airplane rides because we came back to MN and the next morning my grandfather died and we flew back to NY and now we are home again.

Being home was pretty cool - I was there before my grandfather died and said goodbye and I think he knew it was me but by the end of that visit we were all praying he could die peacefully in his sleep (he did) because he wasn't really in his body anymore and the body did not want to be alive anymore. I saw my new nephew who is cute and giggly and makes massive fart/poop noises that you can hear way across the room - he is only 3 weeks old. I played with my other nephew who is 2 and is very funny, he likes to answer the phone even though he can only say about 15 words and he will make a ringing sound and go pick up the phone and talk to himself because he likes it so much. By the next time I see him I'm sure he will talk plenty and maybe he will stop wanting to carry his mom's purse all the time.

January is going to continue to be busy - this weekend is an even so I need to unpack and repack tonight since we are leaving Friday right after work. The next weekend Lars is going to KY to an event and I'm staying home to hopefully clean and relax. The next weekend Lars is going to a wedding. I would like to go to the wedding but I just can't take the time off at this point and since Lars is in the wedding he has to go. The next weekend is Lars' eye surgery and the next day I'm going to a local event, I'll just tape the phone to his hand he will probably sleep all day because his eyes will need to recover. So our entire month is completely filled - fun but tiring - and we aren't even the king and queen yet~

I have now exhausted my time for updating, time to get back to regular work. It is a never ending cycle

No comments: