Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Tuesday

Yesterday was a roller coaster of tiredness.  I woke up very awake, I was practically asleep during the day.  I made a deal with myself that I would nap after I made a few calls at home and by the time I was done with the calls I was totally awake again.   I made dinner and we ate and I fell asleep about 10:30 trying to watch tv.  This morning I was up 20 min before my alarm, hopefully it is a more normal day today.

 

In our effort to get stuff fixed in the house, today the plumber is coming.  He is going to (hopefully) fix our very leaky faucet in the upstairs bathroom.  For the past 2 years we have had a problem turning it off so it does not drip but over the past two weeks it is much worse so we are calling in a professional.  Since he will be there anyway, we got new bathtub fixtures that match our new sink fixtures so he will be able to change that for us.  After this is done, the major repairs are mostly complete.   I still want to change a bunch of light fixtures but that is a project I can handle myself.

 

Next big thing on the agenda is make a pavilion!  Step one is to decided between a spoked round or a wedge.  We want a small tent that will fit a double airmattress and some stuff and all poles will fit inside our small SUV.  Our big pavilion is great for pennsic but it is too big to fit in the car and is too big for most other events.  Step two will be to order the canvas with G2 (who will need to figure out what she wants too first) and anyone else ordering so we can share shipping and maybe get a volume discount.  Step three will be to actually cut and sew.  Step four will be poles.  Step five will be decoration, who knows if this will happen sooner or in 10 years but I've always wanted to paint a pavilion and hopefully this will be a good size.

 

This weekend is a cool event that I get to wear my awesome coronation garb to.  I need to fix the underdress in the next few dayst (add lacing) but that should be too big a deal and I'm excited to wear it again since I'm sure at a costume symposium it will be very well received.

 

Ok, work time....

1 comment:

Liz said...

Oooooh! I'm glad you are wearing that, cause now I can get a closer look.

Let me know when you want to place your order so I can put you in touch with my fabric supplier. I better clean and oil Bruce in preparation.