Monday, November 13, 2006

Weekend Review

 

Ok, weekends with no plans are getting dull.  I really liked the first one, the second was ok too, but 3 in a row is dull!  I also have to stop blaming traveling for why the house is messy because it is still on the messy side and I haven't gone anywhere.  I actually have more opportunity to make mess with projects when I'm home.  I made a good start on Ambrose's jerkin.  I got a good phoenix design, sized it right and cut it all out.   I got the black leather to be color fast with vinegar, all those years of Easter Eggs I should have thought of it more quickly.  For future reference, I rinsed the leather many times in hot water and then soaked it in the sink with hot water and about 2 cups of white vinegar for 3 or 4 hours.  I don't know if that amount or time is perfect for other projects but when I rinsed it again at the end the water came off clean.  I hung it up to dry and Sunday afternoon I cut a very nice phoenix out of it.  I think the fire section turned out well too, I did it freehand and just kept cutting away until I was happy with it.  Tonight I need to glue it a little so it won't slide around while sewing and then I will cross my fingers that my machine can handle this.  I got leather needles so I'll hope for the best.

 

This week is my grandmother's birthday and her gift is in the mail so hopefully she gets it.  

 

That's it for now, I need to get to work

No comments: