Thursday, July 21, 2005

The sun helped me out today

Mood: vombie slave to Harry Potter book
Weather: sunny

I must pay tribute to the helpful sun and Lars today (and I'm not being sarcastic). I had been missing a tape in my book on tape for about 4 days and I thoroughly looked for it in the truck and Lars found it in about 5 seconds of looking. That is a minor miracle since he can't usually find things even if they are exactly where you tell him they are. Anyway, I only had about 10 min left on that tape and I drive for 15 min so I reached over to get the next tape out of the black case box thing and it was stuck in there like it was coated in super glue. I got to work and tried the following objects to try and pop out the tape; pen, pen cap, key, coin and fingers. The tape was welded in there and so I left it in disgrace on the seat of the car. Here is where the helpful sun did it's job... After 8 hours in direct sunlight, the plastic case melted so I could easily lift out tape. It was amazing that nothing else was melted and the tape played perfectly so for one,leaving library tapes in the sun for 8 hours was a good thing.

In other doing - I have done nothing but read Harry Potter. I washed and folded two loads of laundry but that's about it. Now I'm at page 400 and I still have two hours to dedicate to reading before I need to sleep.

No comments: