Sunday, February 27, 2005

Back from NY, NJ and PA

Mood: good
Weather: don't know exactly, I'm inside

I'm back from traveling and everything worked out great. The only less then perfect part was the stripper for Heather's bachelorette party was very very very lame. I don't have alot of stripper experience but the dude was late and had no moves and was short. The bar was a fun place, it is a Philly club that I actually ended up knowing a few people at and we all had a great time. Navigating out of Philly based on my 2 year old memory of the streets was interesting and only resulted in a few near death experiences (Driver accelerating at a 3 foot high cement wall while I yelled 'wall!') I was also on the tipsy side but not all that bad. We made it back in one piece at 4 am and got up at 7 to go to the airport, got a tiny bit lost in NJ -home of the jug handle the stupidest thing to happen to road planning ever - but got the the airport in plenty of time.

To rewind (the bachelorette party was actually last) I had a great time with Bev on Thursday, we shopped and I peer pressured her into getting the cutest pink purse ever. It was very professional and smaller then her old lady (falling apart) purse so she can only carry one brick in it rather then 3, hopefully this also helps her back ache. I also shopped with mom and we did a little clean sweep of her side of the office in order to set up the computer I brought for her. We got a fantastic deal on a flat panel monitor and now she had a very nice set up with cordless mouse and keyboard, flat monitor, and new shelving so all the stuff that was cluttering the desk has a neat home. It looked so good on her side, they are going to get another shelf to match for dads side (I am being too geeky I know but I like organizing stuff). Thursday night it snowed so we relaxed and had dinner and watched TV and generally had family time.

Skiing on Friday was great, I didn't fall at all and only a few undignified near falls. Not too bad for not skiing in 2 years. Josie, my sister, got half run over by a loony lady who was totally skiing out of control and whacked Josie in the head with her pole. Josie fell and so did the woman and then she screamed for a few min straight but she didn't say what was wrong... eventually we found out her knee hurt so we went and told the nearest ski patrol person and hopefully she is ok but she really didn't belong on that hill since she was so out of control. We got home pretty late, we watched West Wing on tivo, I have to get tivo now, and I got everything ready for the bridal shower.

The shower was very nice and Heather had a good time. Heathers mom drove down from Buffalo with probably the most loud, annoying woman I have ever met. I can't even begin to describe her but it was so bad combine your best mental image using the following descriptive terms; loud, white trash, non-sequators, self centered and interrupting - that is her. We actually ended up laughing at her alot so it didn't ruin the party. The party was reasonably small but felt full and lively so it was a fun time. After that we went to PA for the party and that’s the short version of the trip.

No comments: