Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Thoughts about stuff

This is an exercise in thinking about what stuff you have.  I remember being told that “this pan is older then you”... If I have a baby, pretty much everything in the house will be older then it but then at some point the stuff gets old and you get new stuff and the baby is no longer the youngest thing in the house.

 

Periodically over the past 7 years I have contemplated what stuff I had before x date.  First it was what stuff did I have before Lars?  At the time it was mostly clothing and a few things my parents gave me.  Then each move we got new stuff and old stuff left old stuff go and occasionally I still mentally keep track of what we have from what era.  My parents I’m sure have dates like that, pre US, pre Kids, pre fire etc.  I think the fire put a major dent in the collections from before that point.  I suppose this is how heirlooms are created, they are things that keep making it through various stages of life.  I wonder if it is because the original owner really liked the thing or if it was just something that didn’t break therefore it made it. 

 

 I have never gotten around to actually listing what I have from when, it is more just a thing to think about.

CONFIDENTIAL: The information contained in this email communication is confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email and destroy all copies of this communication, including all attachments.

No comments: