Friday, December 29, 2006

Post Christmas



I'm Back


I was in NY and had a great time for Christmas.  I did not write due to busy schedule and the fact that I mostly write for my parents and they were in the house with me.   Mom however checked my blog daily while I was there and once when I was in the room!   I realize that other people do read this and mom says she likes to see what I choose to write about even though she was there so here is my Christmas review, it will be long enough to make up for missing 5 days.


12/22 – where I left off – We did mini Christmas at our house and opened the things to each other and that other people had shipped to us.  Lars did awesome this year, he really knows what I like.  He got me a great watch, a couple books that took effort to choose just one to bring with me, and a few little things that were just really fun.  He liked what I got him too, mostly treats to eat like chocolate covered cherries and a funky cool mustard and a few other things he seemed to like.  My parents got me a ROOMBA and I had to leave it all alone because we were leaving in an hour but Mom also got one for Christmas so we got to play with hers and now I can't wait to get mine going.  Our flight was delayed about an hour because our crew was stuck in Denver but we got to NY just fine and all luggage made it too.  


12/23 – Visited with family and my good highshool friend and got some last min shopping done.  Got everything I brought wrapped and just had a mellow day


12/24 – more of the same plus church and a very long yoga class where I was complimented on the flexibility of my spine but I found out I've lost a lot of ab muscles so I should get back to pilates soon.


12/25 – Fun day long, non stop Christmas.  Went from parents to grandmothers back to parents house to set up for dinner to dinner to hanging out and finally to bed.


12/26 – Took me a while to figure out it was Tuesday already, somehow Christmas seemed like it should have been a Sunday.  


12/27 – more family and friends and hanging out.  We went to an all you can eat shshi place and it was very good sushi.  I ate so much I felt sick.  Lars and Konrad ate so much sushi I think they were glad to see us leave.   We finally played the game Lars has been looking forward to for a month and it was kinda dull and had a lot of directions but might be better the second time.


12/28 – got up early to see Dad before work and to see Heather since she had to leave early too.  Hung out and packed and relaxed some and ended the trip with a last visit to grandy's and then to the airport.  Very uneventful check in and flight and home to cats.   I checked our voice mail and found 2 messages from JAIL!  Apparently the jail phone system is collect only so our voice mail got an automated message about 'accepting charges' but it didn't say who was in jail.  We called the few local people we know well enough that may have tried calling us and they were all ok.  Just one call I would have said was a wrong number but there were 2 on two different days 2 days apart.  Hopefully I'm not letting someone down by not bailing the out of jail but I can't think of anyone who might be in there.  I called the jail and they said they have 175 people at the moment and could look up any name I wanted but they can't tell me who called because of the collect phone system.  Mystery end to the trip...


12/29 – In work, about 10 other people are here.  It is silent and by 9 am I had everything worth doing done so I read some blogs and now am writing this.  I think I'll go home for lunch and not come back but I'll keep my laptop up incase anything pops up.


So that was basically it  -  The holiday season is still going, New Years is next and then Cancun J

No comments: