Thursday, December 21, 2006

Shortest day of the year - lots to do

Happy winter solstice – shortest day of the year.  I don't know if it was light out when I went to work this morning or not because there is a fairly ominous set of clouds sitting over the state.  We are pretty lucky here north of the cities because south of the cities there is a major ice storm going on.  Some of that might get up here later today but I hope not because I drove the Saturn and it is not great in the ice.  I really hope the storm blows away before I need to be on an airplane tomorrow because nothing is worse then delays at an airport.

 

Last night we went to visit friends and do Christmas with them, the third person we were going to visit was actually at the first house already so he just joined in the party.  The second house is stricken with the flu so we will see them after we get back so we really only had one place to be so we had a nice dinner and a lovely cheese and fruit and meat course and we sat around and talked until 10:30.  By the time we got home I was just about asleep and I forgot all about Lars opening a gift because I took a shower and went to bed.  We will have to open something on Friday I guess, I think he forgot too so I don't feel bad.

 

Yesterday morning I went to a supplier and it was dull, a tour of a fairly out of date plant is hard to get excited about.  Seeing the place was good really, sets their place in my mind, but given I only have two days left to finish a bunch of stuff I could have thought of better things to do.  Today my goal is to complete my yearly review (big report thing) that according to some people is very important and other people say is a waste of time because all bonuses etc are decided already – I will put a fair amount of effort into it but I'm not going to drive myself crazy.  Tonight should be mellow until 8pm when a few people from work are coming over to see the coworker that just moved.  I need to get home and spruce the house, it is generally clean but needs straightening.  Hopefully I will be able to get packed for the week in NY too but I'll see what sort of time I actually have....  Hopefully holiday plans are all going smoothly for you all

No comments: