Friday, November 10, 2006

Homework

I must finish my homework today at lunch.  The assignment was to brief a MN summery judgment case and the decision document he gave us to work off is the worst written thing I've ever seen.  I had to read it 3 or 4 times to figure out what they were even talking about right and the assignment is only worth 30 points.  I have no clue if I identified the issues he wanted because the thing is full of issues.  I wrote the majority Monday night and I didn't even touch it yesterday so I have to get done today.

 

Last night Lars and I voted.  We went right after I got home (and I pressed all the garage door opener buttons a few times) and we done within half an hour.  It was an odd set up, there were only 10 booths so they let anyone who wanted to just fill out their ballots any where in the room.  Lars and I sat at a desk and there were other people sitting on couches in the waiting area.  All the scantron forms went into the big machine and then they gave you a sticker and you could leave.  The 'booths' were fairly lame, they were just tall plastic desks with plastic dividers on either side and the legs are really shaky.  It looks like the entire thing folds down to a briefcase size.  This morning I found out the stuff I was voting for passed so our schools won't need to lay off teachers and hopefully the taxes only go up a little.

 

After voting I roasted a chicken and made mashed potatoes and spaghetti squash.  The squash was my 'bold' thing for cook something bold day and I am always amazed at how much one squash yields.  Good thing I like it.  We invited Timmy over for dinner and after we played the blokis (the new game we got last week) and we all had a good time.  We rounded out the evening with two episodes of Scrubs then Lars went to play poker while I watched Gilmore Girls.  Gilmore Girls is a little disappointing this season, I didn't think I would notice different writers but you really can tell.  The episodes are not as good as the first couple seasons but I will still be sad when it is over.  I am fairly sure this is the last season because they say the last show is when Rory graduates Yale and she is a senior so the end is near.

 

 

No comments: